Best cheap Portugal holiday deals you can always book for the summer from £ 252 per person
Holidays in Portugal are finally back on the cards for the British!
Non-essential travel can resume from England on May 17 – and the government has confirmed the first countries on the green list where you won’t need to quarantine on your return to the UK, including Portugal and Iceland.
Unsurprisingly, demand is already booming – and prices are on the rise. However, if you’ve been waiting to plan a summer vacation abroad, there are deals to be had for both May and the summer school vacation.
Although there are 12 countries and territories on the green list, only a handful have already said they will welcome the British again, and without the need for quarantine.
Portugal reopens its doors to the British from May 14 (although you cannot travel until the UK restrictions are lifted). The country has not confirmed its exact entry requirements, but it is likely that you will need to be fully vaccinated or be able to show proof of a negative Covid PCR test result.
To give you a hand, we’ve put together a list of the best Portugal vacation deals that you can book right now – check out our picks below …
Cheap holidays in Portugal
- Mirror Holidays has seven nights at the 3 star Inatel Albufeira hotel with half board from £ 252 per person. Based on a departure from Stansted on June 22. Book here.
- Jet2holidays offers seven nights from £ 419 per person at the 3-star Vilamoura Golf Apartments on a self-catering basis. Based on a departure from Manchester on July 7, with two people sharing a room. Includes 22 kg baggage allowance and return transfers. Book here.
- TUI is offering seven nights from £ 437 per person at 4T Aparthotel Brisa Sol on an all-inclusive basis. Based on a departure from London Gatwick on 8th July. Includes transfers. Book here.
- First Choice is offering seven nights from £ 477 per person at 3T Casa Mitchell Apartments in the Algarve on a self-catering basis. Based on a departure from Manchester on June 13. Book here.
- First Choice is offering seven nights from £ 508 per person at the 3T Mimosa Hotel in Madeira on a bed & breakfast basis. Based on a departure from Manchester on June 25. Book here.
- TUI is offering seven nights from £ 714 per person at 4T Adriana Beach Club on an all-inclusive basis. Based on a departure from Bristol on May 20, with two people sharing a room. Includes return transfers. Book here.
Cheap flights to Portugal
- Ryanair is currently running a promotion on UK-Portugal flights with fares starting at £ 19.99 each way. The offer is valid for travel until the end of October 2021, but you will need to book by midnight on May 9. Book here.
- In September, Skyscanner found return flights between London Luton and Faro starting at £ 62 per person based on one-way flight with Ryanair and round-trip with easyJet. Book here.
Prices are correct at time of writing but are subject to change. Always check the Foreign Office’s latest advice for a destination before you book or travel.
What do you think of the traffic light system for traveling? Let us know in the comments below.